Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Restorations for well loved dolls!!!!

  1. #1
    AngieGill
    Guest AngieGill's Avatar

    Post

    Hi!
    I have started doing restorations for well loved American Girl's. $25 per doll. Here is a link to where you can see some before and after pictures...

    http://www.gillygals.com/newpage11.htm

    Email me if you have any questions! : )

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member LindaL's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13th, 2003
    Posts
    367
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi all -

    Just wanted to put in a "plug" for Angie's work. The Josefina pictured on her restoration page is mine, or shall I say, will be my daughter's on her birthday tomorrow! Angie's work is fantastic, and the pictures do not do my doll justice at all. She is absolutely gorgeous now.

    My older daughter's Kirsten is headed next week to Angie's. She's a white bodied Kirsten with hair that resembles straw about right now. So I can't wait to see what Angie can do with her.

    And, if I can ever get the pictures to come up on the $24.99 Kirsten with a haircut I won last nite, she may be getting a third doll from our family to restore.

    Linda

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ November 20, 2004 09:38 AM: Message edited by: LindaL ]</font>

  3. #3
    Inactive Member dianasmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2004
    Posts
    1,086
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nice work Angie! Someday I might have to send you our preloved Kirsten, her face looks kind of faded, and I'm just not comfortable doing any work on her, I barely wear makeup myself!

    Laurie

  4. #4
    AngieGill
    Guest AngieGill's Avatar

    Post

    HI!
    Thanks Linda, thanks Laurie. : ) I actually made the lips on Holly and India brighter, but can make them the original color that they were from the factory.. just depends on what you want on them.. but I know what you mean, Laurie, about not wanting to change an old friend. Sometimes it is hard to do.. : ) If you ever change your mind, I would be proud to host her for a light makeover.. LOL!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member TaffyCheerful's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2002
    Posts
    544
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Great work on the dolls. I absolutely love Holly's haircut, but it looked dreadful in the before picture. You did a great job on her for the after. The freckles are a wonderful addition.

    Taffy

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ November 20, 2004 02:54 PM: Message edited by: Taffy Cheerful ]</font>

  6. #6
    Inactive Member americangirlsrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 29th, 2004
    Posts
    221
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Great job!! Can't wait to see what your Felicity will look like!

  7. #7
    Inactive Member drgrimsley's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2003
    Posts
    109
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Great work Angie!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    MapleLeaf
    Guest MapleLeaf's Avatar

    Post

    Wonderful work Angie! All the girls look great.
    Nia [img]smile.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member jrtmom3274's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2004
    Posts
    800
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Angie, my mom and I looked at your photos together. We were blown away, as usual. My mom said she wasn't surprised you did such a nice job, given the precision and detail in your genies.

    Great work!
    Heather

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Peachysweetdream's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2002
    Posts
    389
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow, great work, Angie! The dolls really look fabulous... definitely looks like professional work.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •